Friday, October 23, 2009

The Interview

I woke up late this morning and noticed it was almost noon, how I hate waking up late. Not only do I miss half of the day, it throws me off schedule a bit when it comes to chores and taking care of the dogs.

I only had enough time to take a shower and pick an outfit before having to dash out the door and fight traffic to get to the shelter on time for the interview at 2:30pm.

MC was quite busy that day and when she saw me arrive, she brightened up and dropped everything to have a chat with me. I sat in her office, petting the cat she was fostering as she got straight to the point and filled out the papers with me. Without even looking over my CV a second time in my presence, she had given me the job and was now looking up my offered salary. Since I was taking evening and night shifts, I would be getting two salaries and of course the night shifts paid more so I was more inclined to work those.

After looking over the forms and signing everything on the dotted line, I was now an employee in a field of work I simply adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment